Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Sizing Up the Competition

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sizing Up the CompetitionI hope all you Yankees had a pleasant fourth of July vacation. Mine was quite eventful, and I'll be blogging about the more important events in the next few days.

I spent much of my time relaxing and taking a break from the stress of my mayoral bid. I couldn't resist the Mayor's Annual Ice Cream Social, however, where I got to stand face to face (or, rather, as close as I could get) with the current mayor, Bjorn Skogquist.

He's a great guy, and his feet, though a bit salty, taste pretty good. If I'm elected mayor, I've got some big shoes to fill. If you look closely, you may notice that Bjorn has taken his sandals off in this picture. I hate to jump to conclusions, but is this a symbol of defeat? Could I be a shoo-in for mayor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home