Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Freedom Dogs

Saturday, March 25, 2006

I overheard this conversation in town today.

1: Marge, oh hi. How are you?
2: I'm good. And you?
1: Just fine. How is your boy doing?
2: Oh, he's okay. He started dating a new girl. She's a Muslim, so that should be intersting.
1: Oh?
2: Yeah, you know because Muslims don't eat pork.
1: They don't?
2: And you know my boy, one of his staples is ham.
1: Is it now?
2: Oh yeah. You know, this girl had an internship at the Metrodome, and she didn't even have a Dome dog. How can you work at the dome and not eat a dome dog? You know, I don't think she's ever eaten a hot dog in her life.
1: Is she from here?
2: Yeah, she was born here I think.
1: Well, that's just un-American to not eat hot dogs. That's just wrong.

I'm won't disagree that hot dogs are tasty (but I'm not sure if I like the name). I have to disagree with ladies 1 & 2, though. I think it is distinctly American to not eat hot dogs. One of the best attributes of this country is that people may happily practice beliefs alongside others who don't necessarily agree with them. Where else could a dog run for mayor, for example?

Why am I hungry all of a sudden? Hm. Snack time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home