Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Freedom of Speech

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Someone recently asked me if I would ever write about my campaign platform in my blog. It's a legitimate question. I'll admit that I've been taking my time to explain my political perspective. The election is still months away, so I'm afforded the luxury.

One thing that I promise to stand up for is freedom of speech. I think most people would agree that the right to free speech is essential, yet in central Minnesota a huge violation of this freedom may occur unfettered. In case you can't access the article, a man in Morrison County is proposing the construction of a commercial 600-dog kennel, where some of the dogs will be surgically silenced, or "debarked." It is a sad day indeed when concerns for the profits a few people trump the rights of many.

Debarking is censorship! If you agree with me, spread the word. Tell everyone you know about what's happening in Morrison County. If enough of us express our outrage, we can make a change. I promise to do my part. People have always said that my bark is worse than my bite.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brody the Bulldog said...

GRRRRRRRRrrrr

 
Blogger Brody the Bulldog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home