Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Bjorn for President

Saturday, March 11, 2006

A fellow blogger and Minnesotan noted an interview with the current mayor of Anoka, Bjorn Skogquist. As I've said before, I like Bjorn. I think he's done a decent job running our town, except maybe for some of his stray dog policies and the clearly unconstitutional ban on pets in town hall.

If Bjorn indeed runs for office, he should think big. Don't run for senate or state representative, Mr. Skogquist. When you ran for mayor of Anoka, you were thinking big. You had the right idea. There's only one mayor of a city, but state representatives are a dime a dozen.

Besides, now that you've had a taste of true power as mayor of Anoka, won't the senate be a disappointment? If you run for anything this year, run for president. You'd have my vote (as long as you promise to vote for me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home