Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

A Noticable Lack of Recognition

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm feeling sad. I noticed that Wikipedia's article about Anoka, Minnesota lacks any mention of me. The "Notable Anokans" section, however, notes that Bjorn Skogquist, the current mayor of Anoka, was the youngest Anokan to be elected mayor. He was 22 years old at the time.

Bjorn is a good guy. I met him last year at the Mayor's Ice Cream Social. He has a firm grip and he knows right where to scratch behind my ear. Despite this, I intend to oust him and assume his title. At two years old, I'll probably be the youngest mayor ever elected in the United States.

Though I am technically twenty years younger than Bjorn and sixteen years under the legal voting age, a lucky loophole in Anoka's statutes still allow me to run for office. The secret: in human years, I'm twenty-one years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home