Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

French Bulldog Day

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Maybe it's because I'm a dog, but I just don't understand Groundhog's Day. People travel from all around to witness this event. I don't get it. Where's the fun in seeing a little rodent poke his head out of a hole? What does the little bugger's shadow have to do with winter? Phil (from the official site of the punxsutawney groundhog club - http://www.groundhog.org)

I'd like to propose an alternative.

How about French Bulldog's Day? Since some traditionalists may object to the drastic change in species, we could still involve a groundhog. On February 2nd, set a Frenchie in the enclosure with the groundhog. Watch what happens when the little weasel sticks his head out of his home with a French Bulldog in his pen! If the groundhog escapes, then we'll be facing six more weeks of winter. If the dog prevails, it'll be an early spring.

This idea will require a grassroots effort. It may take several years of petitions and lobbying, but if there's enough support for this improved version of Groundhog's Day, I will charitably volunteer my services as the first French Bulldog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home