Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Doggie Door

Monday, February 06, 2006

In the spirit of equality, my adoptive dad installed a doggie door for the household bathroom. I argued that if he gets to see me poop all the time, I should have an equal opportunity. After a heated discussion, he came to see my side of things and cut a hole in the bathroom door for me.

At first the door-within-a-door spooked me. It was like something from Alice in Wonderland. Was it a trap? I think this upset the Man (adoptive dad) because of the time he spent making it. He strongly encouraged me to start using the door. This isn't as bad as it sounds. Encouragement means treats!

After a lot of encouragement (treats), I have started using the door occasionally. I figure that I've wrung all I can from the nervous dog routine, so I better start using it. My favorite part about the door, an unexpected bonus, is surprising guests by peeking into the bathroom when they least expect it. I'm up to two screams and one yalp!

Don't worry, though, I don't have any plans to install doggie doors in Anoka's public restrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home