Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Butts

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The business of campaign season is making it difficult for me to keep up with my blog, and I must apologize. I've been active in the community, sniffing out opportunities for spreading my message and marking the town. Just this morning, I was out pounding the pavement on Mainstreet, handing out Thomas Peterson for Mayor pamphlets and pointing out all of the discarded cigarette butts on the sidewalk.

Maybe you tall smokers don't notice all of those little smokie turds that you toss on the ground, but I do. It's one of the few disadvantages of being short. It makes me sad to see so many butts on the ground.

I'm usually a huge fan of butts, but not these kind. They are very misleading. When I see a bit of something on the ground, I get excited. Could it be a biscuit? Or perhaps a smidgen of peanut butter? Alas, 'tis but a cigarette butt.

Sigh.

Dear smokers, do you realize how many dogs you disappoint by throwing your spent cigarettes to the ground?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home