Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Looks Aren't Everything

Monday, May 01, 2006

In this modern era, a political-minded individual such as myself needs to consider more than my philosophical position and party affiliation. I also need to worry about my appearance. The media-hungry public makes flash decisions based on a combination of appearance and sound bites.

I don't worry about the sound bites. I'm an excellent biter.

If I'm to be honest, I worry about my looks. I have no complaints about my bat ears, obviously; they are functional and attractive. My button nose is great, and my jowls are very handy. But I am, after all, a dog. Will people treat me differently because of my appearance? Perhaps I could wear platform shoes to make me appear taller. I can only hope that the television adds more than ten pounds to my wee thirty pound frame. Would it help if I try growing a beard like Abe Lincoln?

In the end, I trust the voters to make the right decision. Vote with your heart, fellow Anokans. Vote for the bat ears this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home