Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Garbage

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Before I get to the subject of this post, can I say one thing? Paula Abdul is nuts. There. I said it.

Now I can discuss important political issues, like garbage. Judging from a random sniff sample of the trash bins on the street in my neighborhood, I bet that more than half of the stuff that people in Anoka throw away is still perfectly good. In fact, I'd wager some of it is still quite tasty. I think you humans are too religious about expire-by dates. Some of the most delicious foodstuff I've sampled has technically been past expiration.

I think the word "waste" is appropriate because it seems like such a waste to throw away perfectly good food when there are thousands of hungry dogs right outside your door. One of the committees I plan to spearhead if I am elected mayor of Anoka is the "Committee for the Redistribution of Unused or Discarded Food." Why? Because I care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home