Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Undiscovered

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Some days I feel like an undiscovered star, just waiting for a casting agent to notice me and say, "Oh my dog, you are just what I've been looking for." I'm a practical dog, though, and I know that there is more to life than being cute and conning pet store clerks into giving me a second doggie biscuit.

The life of a dog model might be financially rewarding, but so is eTrade and my campaign manager's credit card. I could probably handle the glamour and fame. Ultimately, however, I know that a career as a photographer's pet would leave me feeling unfulfilled.

I'm a dog who wants to do more. I want to change the world around me for the better. I want to ride in a convertible in countless town parades. I want to host the Mayor's Ice Cream Social. I want to shakes the hands of kids and lick the foreheads of babies. I may have a dog model's good looks, but I've got the heart of a mayor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home