Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Softball

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I made the rounds at an Anoka softball game this evening, suffering through the awful heat and humidity for a good cause - my election campaign.

The sport of softball is mysterious to me. I understand the desire to chase down a ball, but other than that, what's the deal? Sure, you can run in circles, but where's the fun in that if nobody is chasing you? And the mask that the umpire wears creeps me out.

Softball games are great for public relations, though. The fans are usually in a good mood (mostly because of the beer, I imagine), and there are usually a few babies around, which make for great photo opportunities. The best part is that people at softball games like to eat, and they're messy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home