Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

On Fears

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Whoever said, "There's nothing to fear but fear itself" was wrong. I think everyone has a right to one or two irrational fears. Mine are fuzzy slippers and balloons.

Fuzzy Slippers are easy to explain though, so I don't think they count as irrational. How would you feel if you walked into a room and a dark ball of fur was resting on your couch? I'll tell how I felt when I saw a pair of slippers on my living room pillow: freaked out.

Balloons - that's a different story. I can't really explain why balloons creep me out. There's just something suspicious about how they float in the air, slowly rocking back and forth like a cobra's head, ready to strike. No doubt, a balloon would strike at the easiest target, the one lowest to the ground - me. Besides, as a budding politician I never trust anything that's lighter than air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home