Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Here's the Rub

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Today I spent some time trading stocks online. It's been a good year for me, despite poor overall performance in the economy. It is the Year of the Dog, after all. After a half an hour or so, I moved on to reading the local news, where I learned that Minnesota Attorney General Mike Hatch is accusing a news reporter of asking "sleazy" questions.

Before reading this, it had never occurred to me that a reporter might ask uncomfortable questions about me and my past. It turns out that it's an inevitability of a public life. Since I'm a dog stepping out into the political spotlight, I guess there are a few things I should reveal about myself.

I don't want to frighten you away by giving it all away at once, though, so I'll start with something simple - a guilty pleasure. The belly rub. I know as a strong leader, I should stand tall and never back down, but if someone walks up to me with a raised hand, I can't help it. I roll over and hope for a rub.

At least I'm not the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home