Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Walking Away Those Pounds

Sunday, July 16, 2006

In a recent post, a political supporter suggested that since I am on a diet, I should attempt a "Walk Across Anoka" to raise awareness of the fight against dog obesity (and human obesity, too, I suppose). This seemed like a great idea. It's something that would benefit me and society. It would generate a positive image for me, and I could accept donations for an obesity charity, like the Minnesota Obesity Center.

Of course, for such a long walk I'll need a support crew to provide water, shade, and air conditioning. I'll also need a photographer. I think two cars should be enough. I may also need an on-call veterinarian in case I overheat during my long, arduous journey. Now that I think about it, why should I bother walking when I have two perfectly decent, air-conditioned cars following me?

Hm.

How about the "Drive Across Anoka: an Obesity Awareness Charity Event?" I like the sound of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home