Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Grassroots

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Despite my constant talk about being on the campaign trail, some have their doubts as to whether I am even running for mayor of Anoka. What is my long-term strategy, they ask. Where are the postcards and the posters?

Well, I'm running what you could call a grassroots campaign. The thing that's most important to me about Anoka is the people, so that's where my campaign focuses. I go on a lot of walks, visit the neighbors and let them scratch my ears and rub my belly, and I lick the hands of many a baby. I don't need fancy postcards or little flags with bulldog silhouettes. Just give me a family out on a stroll in the park and five minutes, and I'll give you a family of Thomas Peterson for Mayor campaign supporters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home