Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Oscar Oversight

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Oscars ceremony is a week away. Perhaps by using some of my political clout I can submit a late entry for the category of best actor. As usual, the Academy has neglected one of the finest performances of the year.

Just because a performer does not have a speaking part shouldn't eliminate them from consideration. Samantha Morton, for example, earned a nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Sweet and Lowdown. She didn't speak a single line during the movie.

Who is the glaring oversight this year? Gromit in The Curse of the Wererabbit. Gromit proves that often the most challenging role in a film has the least speaking lines. He communicates without words, so I must speak for him. Members of the Academy, please reconsider your egregious negligence and give a dog his day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home