Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Naked Chocolate?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On behalf of Thomases everywhere I want to vocalize an objection to the negative stigma attached to the phrase "Peeping Tom." The original Peeping Tom appears in the story of Lady Godiva. He was the dude who looked out his window at the naked chick on horseback. I don't claim to be a professional psychologist, but I do know a little about human nature. If there was a naked lady riding a horse down your street, raise your paw if you wouldn't take a peek out the window. That's what I thought. I may be a dog, but I'm not dumb.

I respect Godiva's creativity and her method of civil disobedience. In fact, if other people think they are paying too much in taxes, I'd encourage them to try the same technique. On second thought, maybe not. If more taxpaying citizens were to strip off their clothes in protest, I know a few politicians who would consider that incentive for raising tax rates even higher.

Not me, though. I couldn't care less whether you humans rode through the streets on horseback naked, and that's why I'd make an excellent mayor of Anoka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home