Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Burning Candles

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

On my evening walk today, I noticed a new smell. It wasn't something I recognized immediately, but nonetheless seemed familiar. It was the smell of candle wax. House by house it changed, sometimes strawberry, sometimes lemon, honeysuckle, beeswax, soy. I'm told that the candles are part of an annual ritual called Valentine's Day. You humans are weird to make so much fuss about relationships.

Canine courtship is much simpler and cheaper, which is fortunate considering how little time I have for romance. I wouldn't recommend the dog dating method for humans, though. It's not a good idea. I don't think our techniques are meant to cross the species boundary. You stick to your chocolates and flowers, and I'll keep sniffing and biting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home