Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Hail Anoka

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today I supervised a moving sale in a town just south of Anoka. I lent my supervisory skills to a campaign supporter in exchange for the opportunity to practice some of my new political catch phrases, such as "It's time for a change instead of another surcharge" and "You scratch my back, and I'll lower your taxes."

When I returned to Anoka, rumors reached my bat ears that a large storm had passed through town. Hail the size of golf balls, I heard. Many of the Mainstreet shopfront windows broke, as well as numerous car windshields. I wish I had been here for the hail. Imagine, thousands of little balls of ice falling like candy from the sky! Only, I guess it would hurt coming down.

We Anokans shouldn't be complaining about a few broken windows, though. In the south metro tornadoes wreaked havoc, destroying homes and injuring several people. One man from Kasota died. I'd like to extend my sympathy for anyone whose lives were affected by the storms tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tigersan said...

Me never seen hail. It sounds scary! At least the ice is in the shape of balls, and not icicles! Now that would be bad ;)

 
Blogger Brody the Bulldog said...

Yikes! Icicle rain would be horrible! But, of course, I'm all for ice in general. So tasty.

In fact, I'd like to volunteer for the Ice Ball clean-up effort. *crunch*crunch*slurp*crunch*crunch :P

 
Blogger Thomas Peterson said...

Yes. Icicles hailing from the sky. Now that would be freaky. I'll see what I can do to organize an Ice Ball clean up day, Brody. If the hail has already melted, perhaps we need an ice cube practice drill to prepare for the next hail storm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home