Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Eating Grass

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The rain today was refreshing. Nothing tastes better than a rain-soaked blade of grass when I'm out walking the Anoka campaign trail.

There has been some debate among veterinarians and pet-owners about why we dogs love of a good bit of grass. The Pet Professor, for example, suggests that perhaps we dogs are well-practiced herbalists, consuming the appropriate amount of grass to serve our gastro-intestinal needs, such as treating an upset stomach. Others claim we canines are too dumb to know a laxative from a bone in the ground and that we eat grass because it tastes good.

In reality, we dogs eat grass for many reasons. I know one dog, who I think might be bulimic, who uses grass to control her weight. Another eats grass because, well, he'll eat anything he finds on the ground, and there's a lot of grass on the ground. Personally, I like to nibble on a blade of grass because that green stalk extended from my mouth makes me look thoughtful.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

Hey There Mr Peterson....we are playing tag and I tagged you....read my blog and see what you have to do...I lvoe you rblog....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home