Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

The Nose Knows

Thursday, August 03, 2006

You humans rely too much on your sense of sight. Your crutch has even worked its way into your lexicon. "Look," you begin when trying to explain something. "I see," you say when you understand. Someone who wisely plans ahead is said to have foresight or vision, and someone thinking about the past is said to use hindsight.

What's the problem? Well, you see, sight is unreliable and easy to fake. A good example is how well your fancy new computers can virtually fake the real thing. Actors immitate reality every day, and so do politicians. Can you tell the difference? I can. My sensitive nose can sniff out lies, and that is a handy trick to have in my political grab bag.

A look can lie, but a smell will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger jude said...

ah, the olfactory candidate hath spoken. well said mr. peterson - i smell a new campaign slogan - a vote for a thomas is a vote for the nose that knows.

 
Blogger Thomas Peterson said...

Thomas Peterson: the nose that knows. I like it! Thanks for the hot marketing tip, Judith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home