Thomas Peterson for Mayor

Anoka needs a new mayor. As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue.

Signs of the Time

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Many of my campaign staff travelled to the Minnesota State Fair today. I opted to stay behind to work on my campaign. The election season is upon us, and signs of it are sprouting in front yards across Anoka. It looks like this year it will be a three-way election.

Both Steve Schmidt and Bjorn Skogquist (current mayor) will run against one another again, and I will join them in the fray. As is his custom, Bjorn has decided not to distribute lawn signs this early in the campaign under the belief that by the time elections roll around, everyone is so sick of the hype, that they vote against those who advertise most.

Good AdviceBjorn's a wise dude, and I may adopt his strategy. Still, the idea of hundreds of signs sticking in Anokan's yards with my name on them is very appealing. Signs can be an effective means of communicating a message, as this photograph shows. So maybe I'll go the Steve Schmidt route and blitz the city with flyers, brochures, and yard signs. I haven't decided yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home